Saturday, December 7, 2013

Draft 1 for Narrative

     Starting off with the Narrative we were told to write about a story that had an impact on us.  I was going to write about my dog Luna because she really did have a big impact on me. This rough draft for Luna helped me connect ideas to the topic. Luna had many different impacts on me and at first I had a hard time trying to connect them but then I learned techniques and found a very effective way with this paper.




Madeline Ott
Mr. Elam
Impact Paper
August 22nd, 2013

Luna

Luna. With a coat white as snow and eyes blue as the waters of the Caribbean. Never have I come across a puppy with such character. With everything that was happening in my life I supposed some higher power had sent her to teach me responsibility, teach me love, and teach me suffering. I didn’t believe that I could fall in love so quickly with this wolf-like creature but she took my heart and I still love her for it. 

My friends found a white Siberian puppy about 6 months old out on the line between Virginia and North Carolina.  They searched everywhere trying to find a home for this puppy that was covered in dirt, ticks, and looked like it hadn’t eaten in weeks.  But no one claimed her. They turned to me to find a home for her and I took her into my house thinking that I would turn around and find a home quickly for her.  When I first met Luna I knew I wouldn’t be able to give her away, I knew I would do everything to make her mine. 

I was going through a time where my parents doubted me in all aspects of life. There was no trust, no idea that I may be the slightest bit responsible.  When Luna came into my life I truly believed that this was the opportunity to show my parents that I am responsible, and that I could take care of a puppy on my own without their help or money.  Luna wasn’t just a smack in the face to my parents though; she was more than that. I wanted to be responsible for her, because I loved her and wanted to give her as much attention and care as I could.

I began to realize that maybe the way I feel about Luna is somewhat like how my parents feel about me. That sense of responsibility and worrying if your baby is okay and safe.  Luna changed my whole perspective and soon my relationship with my parents grew better. After two-months of growth and moving forward with Luna in my life I decided to take her to the vet. There they scanned her for a microchip that is used in case a dog is lost. Well she had one and the chip had a report claiming lost on it. The vet got in contact with the owner and later that day my little Luna, who was supposedly named Kiara, was picked up by her true owners.

Just like that Luna was out of my life. I was happy for her and truly happy that her real owners had her in their life again.  One could tell by the look on their faces how rejoiced they were.  This is where Luna taught me about suffering.  The idea that she was with her owners and not me was more upsetting then it was happy. But I realized that if she was my puppy and I lost her I would want her back. Never did I think that little wolf would make such an impact on my life as she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment